Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Hey, Spring. (With a side of growing up.)

I've missed this weather so much. The smell of the rain makes me yearn for summer more than a kid in elementary school. Okay, it's super weird but, everytime I open my closet, the smell of summer hits me in the face. Not kidding. It's weird. For some reason, the scent of leather and dirty shoes reminds of every summer morning when I'm digging through the closet looking for my shoes so I can go to work.


Sorry I've been gone. I've had a lot of things to take care of; a lot of thinking to do. But, on a positive note, I have finally figured out my life and I will NOT be in school for the rest of my life. And I decided that rehabilitation services is not for me. I belong in business. I need something to be in charge of. So back to Org. Leadership it is.

I have four quarters of school left. FOUR. When did I become such a grown up? I'm so glad I listened to my dad. "Don't waste your money on trying to live alone, you can live here for free. Get done with school and you'll have all the time you need to work and live on your own." My dad has always been such a wise man.

Things I can't wait for:

1. Summer- obviously.
2. Bonnaroo- I can't wait to be nasty for four days with my favorite man, hearing some of my favorite bands.
3. Work- I'm 20 and still love my job at Kings Island. I'm probably happier than you.


As of lately, I've found myself wondering why everyone around me is in such a hurry to grow up. I've also found that because of my touchscreen phone, sometimes I hit the space bar twice and try to make a period.


To any one who reads this, please, I need your opinion: are you in a rush to grow up? Do you consider yourself a responsible, independent adult? What's a day in your regular,independent life like?

1 comment:

  1. First, Bonnaroo?! I'm so jealous. That will be awesome.

    To answer your question, I still feel like a kid. I graduated in May and I live at home and I can't find a job. I feel completely dependent on my parents and although I REALLY want to find a job, I love knowing that I'm not alone. I'm not one to wish I were older or doing something next. I get very caught up in now...and right now, I feel like a kid. :)

    ReplyDelete