Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Skipping Days.

I haven't been keeping up to date with my "30 day challenge thing." I lost interest. No one needs/wants to know all of those things about me anyway. There HAVE, however, been a few things that I feel like blogging about. When I decided I wanted to start keeping a blog, I told myself I didn't want to talk about lots of controversial stuff. I just wanted it to be like a fun blog that people like to read because I'm funny (yes, I'm very funny.) But:


Gas Prices:
let's get real. oil is at $90 a barrell. And there's some turmoil in the middle east, so I should pay $3.50 for a gallon of ga? NO. I won't. Thank you. Something has to change.

Budget Cuts:
How many more school are we going to close in the US? In Detroit? If we have to cut schools, I wish it would be somewhere at least a little more successful than Detroit. Teachers are losing their jobs in Rhode Island. And, as it seems, the goverment is trying to take away the people's right to assemble. How many more budget cuts are we going to make? See ya later Planned Parenthood. See ya later Sesame Street, the government "can't afford" to fund PBS anymore. America is bullshit. Here's an idea: hey politicians- why don't YOU take a salary cut?

We wouldn't need to fire teachers and cut teacher's salaries if people like the superintendent of Mason City Schools didn't make $300,000 a year. Maybe if the higher ups in the school systems and these lousy politicians would take a salary cut, we could afford to fund things like PBS and Planned Parenthood. Maybe if the government wasn't so greedy, we'd be in better shape. Why doesn't the govenment want to use the new fuel for the fighter planes? (Boehner aside) It's much better for our environment, which has also gone to shit. Oh, that's right, they probably won't make enough money off of it.

Hey Albert Pujols, yes, you're a fucking phenomenal baseball player. But there is no god damn reason that you should make $300,000,000 in ten years. Why do any of these athletes make as much as they do? I could live off of $1,000,000 for the rest of my life, easy. Why do you get to have so much money and live way above everyone else? You're just going to end up like allllll those people who worked for GM, who lived way above where they needed to live, they got laid off and now they don't have a penny to their name. That's what happens when you "feel the need" to buy $75,000 cars and live in the most luxurious mansions. Where's all that now?


Things need to change. I'm only one person. But together, our generation has the ability to do so, so much.

Dear Obama, I already regret voting for you, please change my feelings. I'm trying really hard to believe you're going to do something good.

No comments:

Post a Comment